Saturday, October 9, 2010

Why I Became A VA

First let me begin by defining the term Virtual Assistant (VA).  To paraphrase the Wikipedia's definition, a virtual assistant is an entrepreneur who provides professional administrative, technical, or business services to clients from a home based office environment (Wikipedia, 2010). 

The reason a person becomes a VA may vary from a need for independence, a desire to increase income, or even a desire to work from home.  I became a VA for independence, and because I wanted to earn an income from doing something I enjoy and have a considerable amount of experience.  The thought of setting up a new office, or managing a database, or even coordinating an event is exciting as well as challenging.  The fact that I would be performing all of these duties from a virtual office is the icing on the cake for me.  Additionally, from a business perspective, having a VA business allows me to become independently wealthy, relate to my client’s business challenges, and develop a robust network of friend and business associates.

I look forward to growing my VA business and creating lasting professional relationships with my clients as well as other VAs.  This is a growing profession with endless possibilities and I have found a great degree of professionalism and team spirit from other VAs.

I am very proud to be a member of IVAA and TexVAL, two leading organizations for VAs

VAs Rock!

No comments: